Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Looking for parts.

As I wait for the money to get really into the project I was looking around for parts that I would like to put on the car.  I knew that I needed a pair of replacement doors as the ones I had were pretty shot.  the passenger fender was pretty well gone as well.  I also decided that I wanted a 9 inch rear end.  I felt that with the direction that I was headed in with the car, I would want the extra strength at the rear.  After much time online I found out that Ford made an overdrive transmission that wasn't to hard to beef up to handle large amounts of horsepower.

I have at my disposal a great classifieds web site that covers Utah, Wyoming, and Idaho.  I am amazed at all the things that can be found on the KSL Classifieds website.  Needless to say, I found everything I was looking for over time, and at great prices too!  They all some work, but I am pleased with what I found.


Here is the passenger door that I found.  It is in great shape.  All it needs is some minor dings taken out and then stripped down to bare metal for finishing.  I wanted to try figuring out how to do the gaps with this door and I think I did okay.  They are pretty uniform at least.  I wish I had known about the paint stick trick when I put it on, it would have been much easier I think.  I can't remember which blog I first saw it on, but it has been on a few now.




Here is the 9 imch that I found.  I think it was from a 77 F150.  It is a 31 spline unit with posi.  :)  It came with a brand new set of axles, unfortunately both sets of axles that I have for it are 5 x 5.5 bolt pattern and I want 5 x 4.5.  If anyone needs these let me know and I will sell them for a reasonable price.  I will need to shorten tubes down to fit under the mustang.  I have found a couple prospective places to do it, but I haven't really looked into their pricing yet as I'm not ready to worry about that part of the build.


Here is the replacement drivers side door I found for $40




The rust monster has been hungry and has been feasting on my fender.  Instead of trying to repair all of this, I found this one for $50.  It is completely solid!

Here is the C4 that came with the car and the 87 AOD I found on KSL Classifieds.  Can you tell which one is which?

No comments:

Post a Comment