Sunday, September 9, 2012

In the beginning...

     I suppose I should tell how this all got started.  It all began after watching a particular show.  I think most people know which one it is.  That's right, Gone in 60 Seconds.  I decided I needed that car.  Problem was, where was I going to get one?  I didn't have money to buy one straight out, I'm not rich after all.  (If someone has a secret to winning the lottery, please let me know!)  Wait, I can build one!  There is a very rich and abundant aftermarket out there.  So that is what I decided I was going to do.

    I couldn't just get a car right away. so I started saving for it.  After I had what I thought should be enough to get a project car, I started looking.  Needless to say I looked for a while.  After losing some auctions and losing the good 68 that was basically down the street (auction went out of my price range).  I won a car that was in Monterey CA.  I got it paid for, worked with the seller to get it loaded on a truck and sent my way.  After it was delivered and I actually looked it over for the first time physically, I started thinking, what have I got myself into.  Not to let it get the better of me I started planning, collecting tools, and materials.  I didn't do much to the car for almost a year.  The whole story of what has been done will definitely be laid out for all to see.

    Anyway here are pics of the car the day it showed up back in April of 2011.










 






No comments:

Post a Comment